Country air, views and comfortable spacious accommodation just 25 minutes from the centre of Canberra. Breakfast and evening meals available on request; lunch at the weekends. Free bottle of wine with each booking; two if your booking takes in both apartments.
All the information you need should be provided below. To enquire about availability or make a booking, ring, email or use the contact form on this website.
Check in: after 2 in the afternoon
Check out: 10.30 in the morning
Both of these times can be negotiated. Let us know if you want to come before 2, and you can stay after 10.30 if the unit is not booked for the night.
At a glance
- Two lettable units: EAST–WEST APARTMENT (two queen bedrooms, spacious lounge-dining area, full kitchen, separate toilet and bathroom) and SOUTH APARTMENT (one spacious bedroom, ensuite, kitchenette). They can be combined into one unit.
- Ducted heating and cooling, double-glazed windows
- Low carbon—solar panels on roof
- Interesting building, comfortable beds, characterful furniture, beautiful rugs
- Private—you don’t share the space with anyone you don’t know, you aren’t in someone’s home
- Tea and coffee making equipment and supplies
- TV (free TV only) + DVD player + selection of DVDs
Note that the apartments are not serviced (see Fine print). No minimum stay. Prices for extended stays (a week and beyond) can be negotiated. Prices include GST. Guests pay on departure. To hold a booking, we ask for a credit card number. If that does not suit, a small deposit can be paid.
Larger unit (EAST–WEST)
- $150 a night for a couple or single person Monday to Thursday
- $165 a night for a couple or single person Friday to Sunday
- Extra people $20 a night
- $150 a night if you book for four or more nights at any time (flat charge, no extra charge per person)
Smaller unit (SOUTH)
- $120 a night for a couple or single person Monday to Thursday
- $135 a night for a couple or single person Friday to Sunday
- $110 a night if you book for four or more nights at any time
Both units (they have a communicating door) – up to three couples
- $250 a night on any day
- $220 a night if you book for three or more nights
Add $20 a person for breakfast (adults).
Catering for guests
7.30–9.30 am Breakfast – served in the cellar door/bistro (if you choose to have it) any day of the week, a short walk from the accommodation. Start with yoghurt and fruit, followed by a cooked breakfast. Enjoy all the tea or coffee you can drink. Our breakfast is exceptionally good value at $20 a person.
12–3 pm Lunch – served in the cellar door/bistro during its weekend/public holiday opening hours.
6.00–7.00 pm (commencement of meal) Dinner – served in our bistro/cellar door any day of the week, so long as you let us know. (On week nights we need to be notified at least a day in advance.) Choose from an à la carte menu.
You are likely to be the only diners. If this is problem and you want a more social ambience, there are many restaurants in Canberra and its region. Alternatively, we can provide platters or even full meals to eat in the privacy of your apartment.
And to answer all your other questions, see our Fine print